Servo is one of the products first appeared in the model aircraft movement. In the aviation model, the flying machine of flight attitude is controlled by adjusting the engine and rudder individual to achieve
Here is a simple for a four aircraft, there are several places of the aircraft need to be controlled:
1. The engine intake air to control the engine pull (or thrust);
2. Aileron control surface (installed in the aircraft wing trailing edge) to control the roll movement of the aircraft;
3. Horizontal rudder surface, is used to control the pitch angle of the aircraft;
4. The vertical rudder surface, is used to control the aircraft yaw angle;
There are four channels of Remote control, the Rudder moves with the servo by some Rotating element,
thereby changing the state of motion of the aircraft. Servo famous for the name: the rudder servo motor control .
Not only in the model aircraft, in other models sport can be seen in its application: used to control the rudder on RC boat, used to turn the direction on RC car, and so on. Thus, you can use the servo to achieve all the action where needed.
Second,the classification of servos:
1, According to the servo signal can be classified into Digital Servo and Analog Servo:
(1) The digital servo is a digital transmission, flexible, reliable, good compatibility, anti-interference ability, can easily achieve two-way communication,it is inevitable;
(2) The analog servos are PWM analog transmission,it is easy to interference.
2, In accordance with the operating voltage to the servo Category can be classified into General voltage servos (4.8-6V) and high pressure steering HV SERVO (6-7.4V; 9.4-12V).
(3) High pressure is high voltage servos in 6-7.4V; 9.4-12V (after high pressure servos operating voltage should be even higher), the advantages of the high pressure servo is small heat, more responsive, more torque.
3, According to whether it is waterproof can be divided into fully waterproof servos and general servo.
4, the difference between the robot and the model-specific servo :
Most robot servos and model servos are the same, but model servos with steering limit, typically 90-270 °, some robot servo steering angle requirements for the work to reach 360 degrees, 360 degrees servos are generally used on the robot.